Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 6:48 AM
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Junior Materials Engineer. This position will be with our Technology Services sector located at Hill AFB.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is a global provider of innovative, cost effective solutions. From sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services, we offer a full-spectrum of support.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) team supporting the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other engineers. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
The successful applicant will:
- Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for materials, chemical, and integrated systems
- Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports
- Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
- Understand and apply principles of corrosion prevention and mitigation
- Interface with AF customer
- Analyze and research materials and their related fabrication and application processes to develop and optimize materials for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems and subsystems
- Apply principles of chemistry, physics, and material behavior to assess metallic, non-metallic and composite material and processing specifications, fabrication and assembly processes
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17020215&lang=en
• Location: Ogden
• Post ID: 15079728 ogden