Posted: Saturday, November 4, 2017 12:04 AM
Job Description: Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as Safe Harbor Crisis Center continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Associate Development Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
• Developing and executing Safe Harbor's annual fundraising plan
• Co-chairing the Evergreens Annual Fundraiser Committee
• Co-chairing the Fundraising Sub-Committee made up of 4-5 executive board members
• Securing financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
• Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with major donors
• Overseeing the process for thanking donors
• Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
• Overseeing organization of special events
• Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
• BA (required), MA (a plus)
• 2+ years of experience in development
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
• Must pass a background investigation check (BCI) and provide copies of current Utah driver's license or ID, and social security card.
• Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
• Demonstrated knowledge of grants, grant reporting, and grant administration, and audit requirements.